Thursday, February 6, 2014

Minion Valentine Card

My 5 year old son is a huge Minion fan, so I put together this card for him.


I started with yellow smooth bazzill cardstock cut 7" x 6.5", scored a line at 3.5" on the 7" side and folded on the score line. I used a fiskars corner rounder on all four corners.

For the goggle, I used my silhouette to cut a white heart and a grey heart frame. I used a marvy silver DecoColor pen to color the frame and I glued it on top of the white heart to create the goggle. I finished it off with a .5" black circle and a black foam pop dot for the eye. The band is a simple .5" strip of black cardstock.

For the overalls I cut a 3.5" x 2" piece out of denim shimmer paper and used the fiskars corner rounder on the bottom two corners. Then I took a black Signo pen and doodled stitching around the entire piece and a pocket in the middle. I punched a small heart out of red glitter paper using a Marvy punch and adhered it with another foam pop dot. 

The mouth I drew by hand with a black zig writer. 

I've seen several other Minion cards out there. They are super cute and very easy to make. If you have a Minion fan in your home, you should definitely give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment